Upgrade Your Living Space
Whether you are looking to add value to your home before putting it on the market, or you just want to freshen up your living space, Tony Grant's Painting Company provides the quality you desire. You will be glad to know that we have the expertise to help you achieve the paint job your home deserves.
What to Expect
- Large furniture is moved into the center of room.
- All furnishings are covered with plastic sheeting; all floors are covered with canvas drop clothes.
- If applicable: wall and ceiling fixtures are removed and covered with protective tape and plastic.
- If applicable: hardware from doors, cabinets, switch plates and outlet covers will be removed and carefully stored while painting. If it is not practical to remove hardware from doors and windows, we will protect the hardware with tape.
- Kitchen and bathroom cabinets, sinks, facets and other items are covered with plastic sheeting, if we are painting in these areas.
- If baseboards are painted, carpet is completely taped along the edges of the room.
- If applicable: walls are scuff-sanded; holes and cracks in walls are filled with spackling compound, allowed to dry, and sanded; gaps in wood trim and along wall/trim interface are caulked.
- Any stains are sealed with appropriate primer.
- Repaired areas are primed.
- Paint is applied with a brush, roller or sprayer depending upon surface.
- Walls are painted to proper coverage and finish color.
- Ceilings and trim (if we are painting these areas) are painted to proper coverage and finish color.
- Clean cut lines between trim and walls.
- Only premium quality paint is used, such as Benjamin Moore, Sherwin-Williams, O'Leary's or Calkins.
- Repaired areas are primed.
- Furniture is moved back to original position; wall and, if applicable, ceiling fixtures are replaced and all hardware is replaced.
- Work areas are cleaned up, and all garbage (i.e., empty paint cans, liners, plastic sheeting, etc) is removed from job site.
- Left over paint is labeled and left with customer.
- Before the crew packs up their equipment, a final "walk around" is done to insure all contracted areas are painted properly.
- Final touch-ups are noted and are completed before the crew leaves.
"To Do" List - As Applicable
- Remove pictures from walls.
- Remove table lamps.
- Remove small accessories from tables, shelving and mantel.
- Closets: Remove clothing and all contents if closets are to be painted.
- Remove contents of bookshelves.
- Remove dishes from top of china cabinet.
- Remove contents of kitchen cabinets if interior of cabinets are to be painted.
- Grandfather clocks should be secured or removed from area.
- Remove towels, rugs, shower curtains and accessories from bathrooms.
- Take down curtains and draperies (please let us know if you need assistance).
- Computer and stereo equipment, phones, and all electronic equipment should be unplugged from the wall.
- Alarm systems should be disabled.
- Make any necessary arrangements for pets.
Quality you can see
Still not sure? Our work speaks for itself. View our photo gallery and browse through our collection of quality work.